The Apse

The Church Chronicle of April 1893 mentions the decoration of the Apse of the Church by Mr. Godfrey Rivers (brother of Archdeacon Rivers, Rector of St Andrews, South Brisbane) and Mr. GHM Addison, a prominent architect of early Brisbane buildings. Godfrey Rivers was a well-known artist at that time who had exhibited at the Royal Academy, coming to Brisbane from England in 1890. He became President of the local Art Society and several of his works are on display at the Queensland Art Gallery.

The central stained glass windows in the apse, the Crucifixion, was given by Bishop Tufnell, while the Nativity and the Resurrection glass windows commemorate close relatives of a parishioner and the incumbent Rector.

History008

History009

History010 History011 History012

History014 History016 History013

St Mary's Pew Bulletin

Download This Weeks Pew Bulletin

Download the Annual General Meeting Report

Find us on Facebook

Download This Weeks Childrens Workbook: Here (With thanks to the Anglican Parish of Mossman/Port Douglas)