The Artist Studio
The Parish has had a long association with Brisbane artist groups, the studio which occupies rooms under the western end of the hall having been used by many well known artists including Lloyd Rees, Jon Molvig, Roy & Betty Churcher, Donald Friend and Hal Missingham.
The Half Dozen Group of Artists, now in its 65th year, established its studio at the hall in 1975, where it conducts regular day workshops and some special workshops throughout the year.
In early years, when the Naval Depot below the church was active, a steep stairway led up to the church. Remnants of the stairs can still be seen.
In 1903 the first ship to shore radio message in Australia was transmitted from HMQA Gayundah to a 130ft (39.6m) high mast situated in St Marys grounds, close to the cliff face in front of the church.
In 1997 the Navy Association established a permanent memorial in the grounds of St Marys, dedicated to those sailors of the Royal Australian Navy and other navies who have not returned to their home shores. Inside St Marys is a memorial to those sailors who lost their lives, including 21 from Queensland, in the sinking of HMAS Voyager on 10th February 1964. Both memorials continue the parish's close association with the Navy.
The Royal Air Forces Association
A local branch of the Royal Air Forces Association established a memorial to their comrades who were killed in the Second World War, and an annual service commemorating the Battle of Britain is held.
The Scouting Movement
In 1906, Charles Smethurst Snow, while organist and choirmaster at St Marys, formed the first troop of the Boy Scouts in Queensland. Girl Guides, Brownies and Cubs followed later. The painting of the Gayndah shows a Guides hut at the top of the cliff near the western end of the Church.